I’m definitely a goal girl.
Having things written down makes me feel more organized, and accomplished when I am able to cross them off. I’m an avid planner user as well, does that surprise you? No?
Before be get into my goals for February, I’d like to share with you all what I made for dinner last night. Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps from Andrea over at A Doctor In The House. GUYS, this recipe is SO good. I topped mine last night with crunchy chinese noodles, and the leftovers this afternoon with shredded carrots. Crockpot recipes are the bomb. Especially when I can put everything together in the morning and come home from work or school (starving, as always) and already have dinner ready. I love easy throw-together meals.
Without further adieu… here are my goals for this month!
- Stretch: I sometimes forget this crucial part of fitness. After working out I usually don’t feel like I need to stretch, but I know deep down that I do. That is why I decided to sign up for Clare’s Flexible February Challenge. This challenge will keep me accountable for 60 minutes of stretching/week. It’s the little extra push I need to remember to add more stretching into my routine.
- Drink Tea At Night Instead of Snacking: Oh the lovely bed time snack. I hate you and love you at the same time. This month I’m going to try replacing it with tea. I’m hoping that this new bedtime routine will lead to a more restful sleep (it’s hard to do on a full stomach!) and contribute so healthier eating habits.
- Squat 125 (with good form): Good form is key, as I am sure all of you know. I want to REALLY REALLY REALLY work on my leg strength this month. BRING ON THE MUSCLE! BTW I go to small gym and I’m always the only girl using the squat rack… and it makes me feel awesome. POWER TO THE GIRLS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!
- Make ONE new meal/week: I get stuck in the same old food routines way too often (ahem, Chobani and Cheerios). I already got a head start this week by making the Thai chicken lettuce wraps! I’m going to find inspiration from Pinterest, other bloggers, and random concoctions I come up with in my head. If you have any to-die-for recipes SEND THEM MY WAY!
- Do one thing everyday that makes me happy: Inspired by Kacie’s Savvy Sassy Step Challenge, I am going to do one thing everyday that is rewarding, makes me feel accomplished and ultimately feel one step closer to becoming all that I can be. This could include anything from fitness and nutrition to spending a little more time with my favorite four-year-old. Or helping a stranger, or taking the long way home when I walk my puppy. It will be SO cool to see all of the things that other’s are doing everyday to become the best version of themselves. I’m super pumped for this challenge.. super, super pumped.
So, those are the main goals for the month of February. I’ll be checking in with y’all periodically on how they’re going
P.S- I am incredibly amazed and humbled by the genuinely kind hearts and helpfulness in this healthy living blog community. Any one who is reading this who is a blogger, I can’t thank you enough. Every comment, tweet and suggestions all mean so much to me. My heart is so very happy.
What are you goals for February?
Do you have any yummy recipes for me to try?