Happy March! This year seems to be flying by.
My goals for February were pretty simple, and mostly health based.
February Goal Recap
1. Stretch: I definitely added more stretching into my routine, and I absolutely loved it. I’m hoping to continue that into March, and also add some yoga in there sometimes. I’ve never been a huge yoga person, but I’d love to find some YouTube videos where I can squeeze a little in at night! Any recommendations?
2. Drink Tea at Night: This has become almost a nightly routine for me, and I LOVE IT! I even got a box of Yogi Bedtime Tea on sale at King Soopers the other day. Nothing beats their tea quotes 😉
3. Squat 125 with good form: I got to 120. Womp, Womp, Womp :/ That’s okay! I’ve been seeing a ton of results in my leg muscles, so I’m only hoping it will improve! Who knows… maybe CrossFit will help 🙂
4. Make one new meal a week: Although I didn’t post every recipe on the blog, I made some delicious chicken pot pies, Apple Pie Apples,Chicken Marsala, and protein pancakes! All were new to me, and I forgot how relaxing cooking/baking was!
5. Do one thing everyday that makes me happy: I tend to get caught up in work/school/responsibilities and forget to take a breather. I would love to work on this more, because I tend stress out about unimportant things. I need to focus on living in the moment instead of worrying.
Half Marathon Training- Week One
This also marks week one of my half marathon training! This was a very successful week for workouts, even though we got pummeled with lots of snow!
Monday: Stretch/Foam Roll
Tuesday: 3m run while catching up on The Bachelor on the treadmill
Wednesday: 30 mins arc trainer, leg circuit workout
Thursday: 3m run in 27 minutes, Pull-up & Pushup Circuit
Saturday: 3m walk with Tucker, Ab workout
Sunday: 4m on the books!
I’m so excited with how my training is going so far, and can’t wait to start tacking on more milage!
Have a happy weekend guys!
Did you have any goals for Feb? How’d they go?
What do you do for cross training?