Hola! Happy Friday! Today is my last day in town before I leave for Maryland, and marks the beginning of a 21 day countdown for my CrossFit competition. So, I figured I’d give all of you a quick CrossFit update.
- Strength: I haven’t felt super strong lately. I think my body has been feeling the effects of traveling, eating out and not getting enough sleep. I’ve been trying to reverse that by going to bed earlier, eating lots of fresh produce and drinking a ton of water. I’m hoping that during my trip to Maryland I stick to (kind of) the same schedule that I am on now.
- Skills: I feel extremely comfortable with kipping pull-ups now, and I FINALLY got ten double unders in a row the other day. It was SUCH a good feeling to finally get the groove of double unders. It’s a very frustrating skill to learn, at least in my opinion, until you figure out the timing. Other than that, HSPU= great. Pistols… still working on. I hate them.
- Mind: I’m still extremely nervous and not really sure what to expect.
As for eating, I’ve been working out early in the mornings on an empty stomach. I can’t seem to eat before I work out in the morning without feeling sick– so I eat after I workout.
Breakfast is usually oatmeal and yogurt with fruit. Okay it’s always oatmeal with yogurt and fruit.
Lunch and dinner depends.. Since I’ve been gone so much many of my meals have been out at restaurants, which results in not-so-healthy meals.
When I’m at home I eat lots of chicken and vegetables (I’ve been CRAVING kabobs like a mad woman lately) and fruit. I’m hoping to find a little bit healthier options when I am out to eat in Maryland!
I’ve also been trying to stretch and foam roll more than usual lately, as I’ve been having a little bit of lower back pain. I’m hoping it will reside soon!
Questions for you:
- How’s your training (or general exercise) going?
- Do you eat before you workout?