We’ve been having pretty chilly mornings lately, which has me in the mood for warm, comforting breakfasts. I woke up one morning with a hankering for something sweet, creamy and HOT.
I opened the fridge to find blueberries staring back at me. On the counter was one of my (many) packages of Blue Diamond Almonds from HLS.
45 minutes later… blueberry-almond baked oatmeal was born.
- 2/3 cup oats
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond milk ( I used Silk unsweetened vanilla)
- 2/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen- if frozen, thaw them out in the microwave for a few seconds)
- 1/3 plain almonds (chopped)
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar ( for the top!)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place 1/3 cup of blueberries each in two small ramekins. Combine oats, salt, almonds and pour over top.
3. Add almond milk, vanilla & honey into a separate cup. Mix well (You may have to microwave this for about 15 seconds to get the honey to dissolve).
4. Pour almond milk mixture over the top of the oats and blueberries.
5. Sprinkle top with brown sugar and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Once baked, finish with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and extra blueberries.
This recipe is SO simple and comforting. It’s hard to believe that something this creamy could actually be good for you. Blueberries, almonds and oats are ALL super foods chock full of great things such as antioxidants (blueberries), heart healthy fats (almonds) and whole grains (oats).
If you’re an oatmeal lover like me, give this a try! It does take a bit more time than popping the oats in the microwave, but the results yield a much more tender, juicier and all around creamier oatmeal bake.
Enjoy your Monday, my bloggy friends! I’ll be back tomorrow to share a giveaway with you all!
- Favorite oatmeal toppings.. ready, go!
- It’s a cold, Fall morning– what do you eat?