It’s raining cats and dogs!
I think I just stepped in a poodle!
That’s my mom’s favorite joke, and I thought it was appropriate for the flood-like weather we are having (Hi, Mom!)
The pouring rain has made it really easy to just hang out drinking coffee and get work done on the computer, which is exactly what I need to do today! Besides packing for The Healthy Living Summit. I should probably get on that!
This will probably be the last time I check in until Saturday, but we will see! My flight leaves DIA at 7am tomorrow, and I will land in the Twin Cities around 10. After that, my day is jam-packed with round table discussions, a workout from REFUEL Chocolate Milk, and a cocktail party!
Before I get back into getting my shiz together for the conference, I wanted to share a DELICIOUS recipe I created last night. I was craving something sweet, but didn’t want to turn to cookie dough after just completing this killer WOD in honor of 9/11.
Brownie Batter Protein Mug Cake
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 T unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I used Silk)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 of an egg white (You can use a whole egg white, but I hate the taste of eggs so I make sure I can’t taste a thing)
- 1 T flour– any type of flour will work. I used white because that is all I had.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 packet of Splenda (or stevia!)
- 1 tsp of chocolate pudding mix
1. Spray a coffee mug with cooking spray and add all ingredients. Mix
2. Heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals (the mug cake will poof up– so watch it!) for about 2 mins.
3. Pop the cake onto a plate and top with chocolate syrup, PB2, Strawberries, coconut, etc! Pretty much any topping will taste delicious with this bad boy!
This was the perfect dessert to savor on a rainy evening. Not only is it packed with protein, it is much better for you than devouring a pint of Ben & Jerry’s… although I’m guilty of loving ice cream a little too much. Let me know if you try it!
- Ever been to a blog conference? Which one? I would love to go to FitBloggin’ or Blend Retreat, so we will see when it comes around next year!
- What is your favorite “healthy” dessert?