It’s just as important to celebrate yourself as it to celebrate others. But how often do we actually brag about the accomplishments that make us do a happy dance? For me, it’s not that often. It’s always on to the next task — what can I do NOW? This isn’t always a bad thing, but sometimes you need to take a step back and realize all that you’ve accomplished and the journey it took to get there.
Although this is more like a the “past month and a half win”, I’m still going to call it weekly. Because weekly sounds better. Go words.
Big or little, let’s celebrate some weekly wins!
PSA: Most of these are CrossFit wins. Because apparently I’m doing something right and have PR’ed basically all of my lifts? What?
- PR’d my overhead squat to #130 — Previous is 105
- PR’ed my clean and jerk to #135. Definitely feel like I could’ve done more — Previous is 115.
- PR’ed my hang squat snatch to #100 — Previous is unknown. Previous power snatch is #90… so I feel like this has gone up as well, but haven’t tested it.
- Started eating egg sandwiches. I hate eggs. But for SOME reason I really, really started craving over hard eggs the past few weeks (fried egg w/ a non-runny yolk) on toast. It’s a win because it’s warm and keeps me full for a LONG time. Oh, and I may be the pickiest eater on the planet, so any new foods is always pretty cool.
- Finished the Smolov Jr. Squat Program. I attribute all of my recent PR’s to this 3 week cycle. It’s challenging, but honestly has been the best thing I’ve done strength-wise in a while.
- Finished 2 books in 1 month! The Happiness Project and What Alice Forgot. Highly recommend both of them.
- Launched @FinishLineWomen on Twitter & Instagram! This has been in the making for a while, and I’m so excited that they both are finally coming to life! Check it out.
That’s all for now! It’s nice to go back and remember some of your accomplishments the past couple of weeks.
Now, I want to hear yours! What are your weekly (or the past couple of weeks!) wins?